2003 500 Bullet won't start

pwatson
I've been riding my bike no problems for quite a while.  Went to start it the other day, electric start, and as soon as I hit the start button and the kick start smacked the back of my leg and a poof of smoke came out of somewhere near the choke. Not sure from exactly where.  Now my bike won't start and the headlight no longer works either.  Any thoughts on what happened and how to fix it?

Any suggestions would be great.

pwatson74

Re: 2003 500 Bullet won't start

Divakaran
looks like it back /miss fired. you may need to check the alternator, charging coil and the battery. also the piston and timing sets