Cams

Tom Lyons
Tim,
While we're on the subject of engine tuning, I have a question for you.

I've read somewhere that using an exhaust cam instead of the standard
intake cam is an old tuning trick that didn't cost much.

Have you ever tried this, or know about it?

Ace

Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Cams

Tim Busby
It was a 'goer' with the older bullet cams, but the new bikes have
identical profiles and duration inlet an exhaust.
Opt for the 3 way timing pinnion for the crank shaft, and spilt the
timing differnce between the cams.
5 - 8 degrees difference between peak inlet and exhaust lift;  between
100 - 110 degrees in relation to the crankshaft at peak lift
respectively. The larger difference (10 degrees) between peak lift will
favour higher engine speeds. But you may possibly find that a 12 degree
split works with compression over 9-1, especially if you twin-plug the
head.

Tim
N.Z.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Cams

Tom Lyons
Thanks Tim!
That's great info.
I am planning to get the 3-way timing pinion.

Ace

http://us.click.yahoo.com/3EuRwD/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Cams

arundasag
is there any grinding works to be done for improving low end torque ,I have 1965 bull  after changing my old cam I lost old sound and low end torque is there any solution

Re: Cams

arundasag
I want 3 way cam pinion where can I get , I am from kerala India