Center stand wheels

William J Fowler
Hello,

      While working on my Bullet today I happened to look at the center stand feet and noticed that they were hollow. This gave me an idea, and I was wondering what some of your thoughts would be on it. For working on it in the garage , could stub axles and small tyres be fitted to it allow you to have 6 inches more ground clearance on which ever end your working on by tilting the bike to the front or the back, or spinning it in place up to 360 degrees. I realize it wouldn't work with the aluminum cast center stand, but there are probably more of the welded tube type out there now. Your thought are , as always, appreciated.

Jeff Fowler
Truck2841

Re: Center stand wheels

Tom-413
I say, try it and see what happens.  The only problem I foresee while on the wheel-center stand is that if you push to hard in a forward direction, the  center stand could fold up.

--- In [hidden email], "truck2841" <truck2841@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       While working on my Bullet today I happened to look at the center stand feet and noticed that they were hollow. This gave me an idea, and I was wondering what some of your thoughts would be on it. For working on it in the garage , could stub axles and small tyres be fitted to it allow you to have 6 inches more ground clearance on which ever end your working on by tilting the bike to the front or the back, or spinning it in place up to 360 degrees. I realize it wouldn't work with the aluminum cast center stand, but there are probably more of the welded tube type out there now. Your thought are , as always, appreciated.
>
> Jeff Fowler
> Truck2841

Re: Center stand wheels

Bare-2
Getting the bike up on the stand would be a real bitch! You gotta be a
lot tougher than I am.
Bare

Re: Center stand wheels THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS

William J Fowler

--- In [hidden email], "truck2841" <truck2841@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       While working on my Bullet today I happened to look at the center stand feet and noticed that they were hollow. This gave me an idea, and I was wondering what some of your thoughts would be on it. For working on it in the garage , could stub axles and small tyres be fitted to it allow you to have 6 inches more ground clearance on which ever end your working on by tilting the bike to the front or the back, or spinning it in place up to 360 degrees. I realize it wouldn't work with the aluminum cast center stand, but there are probably more of the welded tube type out there now. Your thought are , as always, appreciated.
>
> Jeff Fowler
> Truck2841

Hello,

     I turned out one stub axle yesterday on my metal lathe and installed on my Bullet. I then put the center stand down and checked the deflection of the stub axle and determined that it wouldn't work because it would bend and become unusable in short order. O well, it was an interesting idea. I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO REPLIED! Maybe I can come up with something else.

Till next time

Jeff Fowler
Truck2841

Re: Center stand wheels THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS

blltrdr81
Run an axle through the stand and connect the wheels. This would most likely work.