Early seat details?

Dennis Gibson
G'day all,
Forensic examination of the remnants of my '27/28 TERRY spring saddle seat cover
shows fragments of vulcanised fibre-board "tabs" held on to the sides (two on each)
with bifurcated rivets.  I assume that these were once used to help lace the cover onto
the seat frame?  Can anyone confirm or deny this and / or provide more detail of
what was originally there?

There are four folded flat metal hooks across the seat back that clip under the seat
frame.  These are also held on with (smaller) bifurcated rivets along with the TERRY
nameplate, but there is no evidence of a similar clip ever having been attached to
the side rivets.

Thanks,
DG

Dennis Gibson, Electronics Unit
Research School of Physics & Engineering
College of Physical Sciences
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 0200
Australia

Ph: (02) 6125 1573  [Intl: +61 2 6125 1573]
Fx: (02) 6125 4433  [Intl: +61 2 6125 4433]

Email: [hidden email]

(VK1DG)