Feeling silly and the case of the loose foot peg.

Feeling silly and the case of the loose foot peg.

michaelszoke
I thought I had stripped the left-foot peg bar.  But when I inspected
the threads real closely on both the bar and the fixing nut, the
threads were as sharp as ever.  Apparently what was happening:  as I
turned the nut it was screwing out the stud, so it felt like it was
stripped.  I put it back together, using a lock washer and some blue
thread locker and it went down real snug.

I no longer use the peg as a step to mount the bike.  I'm not sure why
I started doing that, but please understand this is my first
motorcycle.  Anyhow, the peg is still tight after 150 miles or so.
Hope this helps someone out there after they remove the peg to change
the primary oil.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/