Home is the sailor

Bunty Golightly
Home is the sailor home from the sea,
Her far-borne canvas furled,
The ship pours shining on the quay ,
A pristine Model G .

Haar haaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!
I say old chap , a Model G in a box  ,just the job to blow away the cobwebs .
Now then , as regards adjusting the timing whilst riding the old girl , just use your ears - mmn indeed .
You'll hear the old girl straining or pinking which is when you retard her and then when she sounds flat you advance her . No mystery at all .- don't yer know .
When starting have it about 2/3 to 3/4 advanced - a bike is like a woman old boy they are all different  and have different preferences [ and vices , with luck ].

There are some of us who actually prefer a manual advance/retard .
Imagine that ! What a bunch of fossils !

Anyroad Bunty has been down to the dingy haunt of Grubby Dipstick and purloined his copy of The Gospel according to Sir Isaac Pitman ,and scanned a few pages complete with greasy fingerprints - by jove .

[IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bunty303/scan0001_zpsf644e5c4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bunty303/scan0002_zpse947f8ff.jpg[/IMG]

'Tis evening on the  moorland free ,
The starlit wave is still ,
Home is the sailor home from the sea ,
But Bunty's still at the pub .
Haaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!

Bottoms Up!
Your servant ,
Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Royal Floatchamber , Poet Bullet disleaureate .

Re: Home is the sailor

Charles-97
Arrrrrrrr,

Thanks for the reply and scan.  Went for another short ride yesterday.  Maybe Ill have confidence soon to go for more than a block.

I did feel like a pirate once in my career when I ran coastal freighters up in Alaska.  We stopped at lots of little ports and took 'stuff' from here to there and back.  Sometimes christmas trees, sometimes food, sometimes ???. Plenty of excitement when we got to these ports with parts or toys that they have been waiting for for a long, long time. Sort of like waiting for that twidget so you can get the bike back on the road.

Once again,  thanks for the info,

Chuck

Sent from my iPad