Home!

fiferwd
Just got back from a cruise vacation with Holland America, repositioning the ship Eurodam to the US for the winter season.  We missed the Shetland Islands and Newfoundland because of maneuvering around hurricanes.  It was a fun trip, although I have never seen so many walkers and canes and scooters, many of them driven by people younger and wealthier than I!  Keep on exercising and riding those bikes for God sake!  It has been hard to adjust to Cheerios without all the smoked salmon, sausages, bacon, etc. but I think I can manage.  Gourmet 4 course dinners every night for two weeks.  I never thought that I would get homesick for leftover chicken thighs with grits and a salad.

Hey Rick, how is the Burke's Garden plan coming along?

Yrs,
Bill D

Re: Home!

Rick Ferguson

On 9/19/12 8:23 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It has been hard to adjust to Cheerios
> without all the smoked salmon, sausages, bacon, etc. but I think I can manage.
> Gourmet 4 course dinners every night for two weeks.  I never thought that I
> would get homesick for leftover chicken thighs with grits and a salad.
>
> Hey Rick, how is the Burke's Garden plan coming along?

Sounds like you may have to increase the preload on your suspension, Bill!

I had my final rehab session today after hip replacement surgery.  I'm not
'approved' for riding yet but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing any ;-)
No pain, and I can kickstart a bike with my right leg for the first time in
7 or 8 years.

Weather this weekend is looking good but it might be a little too early for
me to chance a BG ride.  I have commitments next weekend and the following
one, and a regatta to attend in Oxford MD on Oct 26th, but otherwise I am
itching to go.  Let's see how things shape up for the weekends of Oct 13 or
20.  The 13th would suit me best.

Cheers
Rick F