PVC pipe as leg-fairing

Sali Rostami

First of all please remeber to participate in the new poll.

Now for the purpose of this post: I just returned from Home Depot ---
I thought that I'd make that trip before the weather event hits-- and
looked about for something that could be adapted to serve as leg-
fairing. And there it was! PVC pipe in large diameter sizes. As soon as
I can be assured that I'll be able to "slit" it longitudinally, I'm
going to give the PVC at try. When I fit the slit tubing to my
crashbars, it will really dress-up my 350 and compliment the plastic
milk-crate lashed to the rear carrier.

__._,_.___
Your personal settings are at:
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
[hidden email]
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group

Film it. Change the world.

Health Zone

Look your best!

Groups to help you

look & feel great.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

Re: PVC pipe as leg-fairing

harleyrider_uk
Don't forget you can also make very fetching hand protectors from cut
down 5 litre (sorry 1 gallon) plastic oil containers.

--- In [hidden email], "Al" <k3eax@...> wrote:

>  First of all please remeber to participate in the new poll.
>
>  Now for the purpose of this post: I  just returned from Home Depot --
-
> I thought that I'd make that trip before the weather event hits-- and
> looked about for something that could be adapted to serve as leg-
> fairing. And there it was! PVC pipe in large diameter sizes. As soon
as
> I can be assured that I'll be able to "slit" it longitudinally, I'm
> going to give the PVC at try. When I fit the slit tubing to my
> crashbars, it will really dress-up my 350 and compliment the plastic
> milk-crate lashed to the rear carrier.

Re: Re: PVC pipe as leg-fairing

Sali Rostami

 Why, that's a wonderful idea! A bit of a problem
though, the U.S. gallon (128oz. rather than the
Imperial 160oz.) is somewhat smaller. I may be forced
to make guantlets from old inner-tubes --- oops,
air-seals.

--- harleyrider_uk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Don't forget you can also make very fetching hand
> protectors from cut
> down 5 litre (sorry 1 gallon) plastic oil
> containers.
>
> --- In [hidden email], "Al"
> <k3eax@...> wrote:
> >
> >  First of all please remeber to participate in the
> new poll.
> >
> >  Now for the purpose of this post: I  just
> returned from Home Depot --
> -
> > I thought that I'd make that trip before the
> weather event hits-- and
> > looked about for something that could be adapted
> to serve as leg-
> > fairing. And there it was! PVC pipe in large
> diameter sizes. As soon
> as
> > I can be assured that I'll be able to "slit" it
> longitudinally, I'm
> > going to give the PVC at try. When I fit the slit
> tubing to my
> > crashbars, it will really dress-up my 350 and
> compliment the plastic
> > milk-crate lashed to the rear carrier.

Never miss an email again!

Re: PVC pipe as leg-fairing

benmatthew
I think its depend on the size of the PVC tubing. PVC tubing is more flexible than the other type of tubing..

nylon bushing | metal plugs