Re: Digest Number 2668 / newsgroup etiquette?

Re: Digest Number 2668 / newsgroup etiquette?

eric.floden
Jon wrote --

Anis:

  You have just add another Muslim stereotype--they don't observe newsgroup
etiquette.  Please respect our forums and center your discussion on topics
pertinent to the group.

  Thanks, Jon

greetings,

I am new to the group and will combine my intro with a comment.  Comment
first:  (following from above) I would wish for another bit of etiquette to
be observed for we digest readers -- please TRIM your posts before you
reply; do NOT include the entire message.  Several contributors
(interestingly, including Jon above, who was discussing newsgroup
etiquette) (and of course I doubt that it would ever be a stereotype that
Muslims do not observe newsgroup etiquette, though stated so above) in the
past few digests have included the entire post they were replying to, when
one or two sentences would have been better . . .

that said, I once owned a RE Interceptor II (1969) and remember it fondly.
Even if the wiring harness DID burn up, and the main bearings DID seize up
(twice) and etc. etc.  I inserted the Norton 2ls front brake, and had a UK
Triumph tank with a mini-rack on it.  I am enjoying the on-topic parts of
the list so far, and am tolerant of the off-topic diversions when brief and
polite...

cheers

ef
Vancouver BC