Selling a Cozy Rocket Sidecar (mounts on left)

Selling a Cozy Rocket Sidecar (mounts on left)

noopfyf
I'm sad to say, I'm selling my sidecar.

If anyone's interested, it's on Ebay with pictures at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261138575934?item=261138575934&viewitem=&vxp=Mt

It's a beautiful, solid steel, sky blue, Cozy Rocket sidecar. Bought new in 2008, stored inside, and never used.
**Note that this is a traditional British/Indian-style sidecar and the frame is designed so that it mounts on the left side of your bike.**

Comes with mounting hardware to fit both new and vintage Royal Enfield, or you can buy a Universal Mounting kit that would allow you to mount it on other bikes & scooters.

Manufacturer's description of sidecar: "The Cozy Rocket sidecar has been the standard in solid steel construction for years. This rugged sidecar is well-built but weighs less than 200 lbs. Now, with the Universal Mount System, this proven design can attach to many types of motorcycles. The Rocket features a 19" wheel and tire. It comes with a shock absorber-type suspension and rubber mounted body."

Motorcycles and scooters it fits on (among others):
"The Cozy sidecar has been fitted to many different types of motorcycles. Installations that we know of include: Harley Davidson (Sportster); Triumph - vintage Triumphs as well as modern day Triumphs. Many classic and vintage motorcycles such as BSA, Ariel, Matchless, Velocette, Jawa, and Norton; Royal Enfield -- Both modern and vintage models; Modern Japanese motorcycles like Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki; BMW - classic and vintage BMWs; Moto-Guzzi; Vespa; etc. With our universal mounting kit and a little imagination you or your sidecar dealer can mount a Cozy to almost anything. About the only bikes we haven't seen a Cozy attached to (yet) are a URAL from Irbit Motorcycle Works and a Chang Jiang."

Further description of the Cozy Rocket model available on the manufacturer's website: (http://www.cyclesidecar.com/showroom/rocket.html)

This sidecar comes with the following standard equipment:
-Windshield -- locked in position for better stability
-Locking 3.0 Cu. ft. Trunk and set of keys
-Chrome rear luggage rack
-Tonneau Cargo Cover
-Stainless steel front and side bumpers
-Full fender - sky blue with off-white stripe and gold pinstripe
-Hydraulic steering dampener
-Tail light and marker light
-19" spoked wheel with MRF Nylo Grip-Plus tire and tube
-Royal Enfield mounting hardware

Also comes with:
-Passenger rain hood similar to the one pictured at: (http://vespas.biz/sidecars/images/rocket-sidecar-with-hood-mc.JPG) Retails for around $140-190
-Very light, basic, grey storage cover that is large enough for both the sidecar and bike (http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/sidecar-cover.html)

Dimensions when mounted on a Royal Enfield Electra X:
Car Exterior: Length 75" , Width 69" , Height at cowl 31" , Height at windshield 48" , Ground Clearance at axle 11" , Tracking Width 45"
Car Interior: Width at seat 16" , Leg room, to front of seat 31" , Leg room to backrest cushion 46" , Trunk Capacity 3.0 Cu Ft
Other: Weight ~200 lbs, Suspension Shock Absorber

Condition:
Although the sidecar is basically in mint condition, I included photos with arrows pointing out any scratches/dings etc. They are:
-Some of the rubber body mounts are dry and cracked and should be replaced. These are available from Classic Motorworks for $15.50 each (part #: Z90671).
-There are a few small spots on the frame where the black paint has chipped such as around a couple bolt holes. It's a little dusty in the photo.
-There are two small places on fender where the paint is chipped.
-There is a tiny indentation on one of the rungs of the luggage rack, but the chrome appears undamaged.

Location and Shipping:
The sidecar is currently in storage near Port Jervis, NY. Depending on your location, I might be willing to consider delivery within a reasonable distance from Port Jervis or New Haven, CT. Send me a message with your location and we can talk about it. If you want it shipped to you, you will need to make arrangements with a freight company who will take responsibility for packing and shipping.

Re: Selling a Cozy Rocket Sidecar **Correction: mounts on RIGHT

noopfyf
I have to make an embarrassing correction to my sidecar listing.

I'd mistakenly thought that it was left-mounting (having never assembled it), but the sidecar I'm selling actually mounts on the RIGHT.  All the better for US roads.

Sorry for the confusion.  This probably was obvious to anyone who noticed the location of the mounting flange in my photos.

So once again, here's the updated listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261138575934?item=261138575934&viewitem=&vxp=Mt