The Royal Enfield magazine.

vintage_adventurer
Hi Chaps,
After 4 issues and the first year of scribbling I've decided to make The Royal Enfield magazine FREE to download from now on. All back issues are now also FREE.

Links to download the magazine are at  http://www.greenlane.biz You can get it from MagCloud now as a FREE digital download.

The fanzine is a bit of fun, not a corporate publication, or a club newsletter; it has independent views and full quality articles written by real Royal Enfield owners in a glossy style.

Best Regards

Paul Grace.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

David in Fort Lauderdale
Paul, you know your business best, but at only $1 to download, this high quality magazine is already a huge bargain. I was hoping you would stick with the digital revenue stream, perhaps eventually  insuring the ability to carry on. In fact, I was about to write to ask if there was some way I could "subscribe" to the digital version, for a year, and have it "delivered" to my email instead of having to buy each issue as it appears. This option may already exist, but I couldn't spot it.

Incidentally, I am doing a "holiday gift guide" for my blog and plan to lead off with The Royal Enfield Magazine Calendar you offer. What would be the deadline to order that, if people want it in time for Christmas?

All best,
David in Fort Lauderdale
www.RoyalEnfields.com

--- In [hidden email], "vintage_adventurer" <vintage_adventurer@...> wrote:

> Hi Chaps,
> After 4 issues and the first year of scribbling I've decided to make The Royal Enfield magazine FREE to download from now on. All back issues are now also FREE.
>
> Links to download the magazine are at  http://www.greenlane.biz You can get it from MagCloud now as a FREE digital download.
>
> The fanzine is a bit of fun, not a corporate publication, or a club newsletter; it has independent views and full quality articles written by real Royal Enfield owners in a glossy style.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Paul Grace.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

Rick Ferguson
I've gotten every issue (via MagCloud), and intend to keep doing so as
long as you publish it.  I read it on an iPad.  Hell of a job for a one
man show, not to mention value.

I know a little about publication work.  I know much of the content is
yours.  Do you also do the graphic design as well as the editorial and
advertising production?  I hope such a multi-talented bloke is in high
demand.

Cheers
Rick F

On 12/6/2012 7:03 AM, vintage_adventurer wrote:

> Hi Chaps, After 4 issues and the first year of scribbling I've
> decided to make The Royal Enfield magazine FREE to download from now
> on. All back issues are now also FREE.
>
> Links to download the magazine are at  http://www.greenlane.biz You
> can get it from MagCloud now as a FREE digital download.
>
> The fanzine is a bit of fun, not a corporate publication, or a club
> newsletter; it has independent views and full quality articles
> written by real Royal Enfield owners in a glossy style.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

vintage_adventurer
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your comments.
Yep, I do it all myself, every aspect. Every issue seems to get bigger which wasn't the original plan! It was supposed to be no more than 40 pages.
I had hoped to keep it low subscription and have almost no advertising inside, but the circulation is truly mind bogglingly massive when I offer it for free, as I've done in the past with the Flash versions. I'd rather publish a mag read by 10,000 than 1,000.
The way the internet publishing world is quickly going it seems that free mags with more advertising is the future model. If I can cover some of my costs then that is fine by me, it's just a hobby at the end of the day, and a chance to learn and hone some new skills. When I get bored I'll stop!

I'm always looking for contributions from anyone. If someone has something to say or a tale to tell then I'm happy to write it up for them, if they just send me some notes and pictures by email. They don't need to be good at writing.

Already Issue 5 is coming along nicely, there is a really big feature on Meteors and some brilliant stuff on desert racing...

Best wishes

Paul.

[hidden email]

www.greenlane.biz

--- In [hidden email], Rick F <twotyred@...> wrote:

> I've gotten every issue (via MagCloud), and intend to keep doing so as
> long as you publish it.  I read it on an iPad.  Hell of a job for a one
> man show, not to mention value.
>
> I know a little about publication work.  I know much of the content is
> yours.  Do you also do the graphic design as well as the editorial and
> advertising production?  I hope such a multi-talented bloke is in high
> demand.
>
> Cheers
> Rick F
>
> On 12/6/2012 7:03 AM, vintage_adventurer wrote:
> > Hi Chaps, After 4 issues and the first year of scribbling I've
> > decided to make The Royal Enfield magazine FREE to download from now
> > on. All back issues are now also FREE.
> >
> > Links to download the magazine are at  http://www.greenlane.biz You
> > can get it from MagCloud now as a FREE digital download.
> >
> > The fanzine is a bit of fun, not a corporate publication, or a club
> > newsletter; it has independent views and full quality articles
> > written by real Royal Enfield owners in a glossy style.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

Gerry-43
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the invitation to look at your wonderful magazine, I have
just had a quick look at issue 1. I'm now looking forward to finding the
time to read them all !, my latest project is converting a 1990 350
bullet into a diesel powered bike. If you are interested in any way then
please look at the following link
http://rodneythedieselenfield.webs.com/ or google rodney the diesel
enfield, its a simple free website I set up to record my progress with
the build & to act as a motivational tool. If you get the time to look &
you like it let me know what you think, perhaps it could form the basis
for a future article ?.

Regards,

Gerry.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

vintage_adventurer
Hi Gerry,

Sure. When you finish it please get in touch and we will write it up. Lot's of people are interested in diesel conversions.

Best regards

Paul.

--- In [hidden email], Gerry <gerry@...> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thank you for the invitation to look at your wonderful magazine, I have
> just had a quick look at issue 1. I'm now looking forward to finding the
> time to read them all !, my latest project is converting a 1990 350
> bullet into a diesel powered bike. If you are interested in any way then
> please look at the following link
> http://rodneythedieselenfield.webs.com/ or google rodney the diesel
> enfield, its a simple free website I set up to record my progress with
> the build & to act as a motivational tool. If you get the time to look &
> you like it let me know what you think, perhaps it could form the basis
> for a future article ?.
>

> Regards,
>

> Gerry.

Re: Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

fiferwd
I agree with David.  What a bargain at a buck.  If it could be delivered to a Kindle address, I would be more than willing to pay to receive it in that format.
Yrs,
Bill Deutermann

Paul, you know your business best, but at only $1 to download, this high quality magazine is already a huge bargain. I was hoping you would stick with the digital revenue stream, perhaps eventually  insuring the ability to carry on. In fact, I was about to write to ask if there was some way I could "subscribe" to the digital version, for a year, and have it "delivered" to my email instead of having to buy each issue as it appears. This option may already exist, but I couldn't spot it.

Re: The Royal Enfield magazine.

vintage_adventurer

Hi Chaps,

To answer Bill, the Kindle format is really a limited HTML standard and
doesn't really work for a glossy mag. The size of the download file is
massive compared to a Kindle book. You can transfer the downloaded PDF
file to a kindle...

And for David, Thanks for your concern. I've tested different ways of
distributing the mag, from free flash versions, subscription PDF
versions and currently free PDF versions. I find that with the free
versions I'm getting a truly staggering amount of readers.

I'm not in this to make loads of money. If I can just cover some of my
time and costs then I'm happy.  [:)]

Publishing is changing fast and people have many other forms of media to
digest other than traditional books and magazines. There are umpteen
blogs and social media pages offering short snippets, all for free,
including Royal Enfields own Beat pdf download all shouting for
attention.

The Royal Enfield fanzine is different... I hope: here are full high
quality in-depth articles in a glossy well produced format; hopefully
nice on the eyes. Editorial is important to me. I wanted a mag that had
stuff in it that I would like to read as a western owner/rider, and
think was cool or intriguing. I think it has an eclectic style, anything
could pop up in an issue!

What I would love is some more sponsorship. Unfortunately Royal Enfield
don't seem interested so far, which is a real shame as it's a perfect
fit and very different from their own corporate journal. That would give
me the incentive to write more about the new stuff.

If anyone knows any companies that might advertise in the mag, then
please point them at www.greenlane.biz.

Taking 'subscriptions' for a year of mags has been tried before by
others, and they failed. The Bullet-In (a thinner mag I personally
subscribed to and enjoyed) worked just that way and fell by the wayside.

I'll keep publishing while I'm enjoying it. I write, design, photograph
and publish it all myself so there is only me to blame!

Feedback is good, if anyone wants to crack open a beer and voice a view,
then just send it over to [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]>  and I'll print it if it makes me smile!

Cheers

Paul.

www.greenlane.biz

--- In [hidden email], fiferwd@... wrote:

> I agree with David.  What a bargain at a buck.  If it could be
delivered to a Kindle address, I would be more than willing to pay to
receive it in that format.

> Yrs,
> Bill Deutermann

jame34
Thanks for making them free. I was looking for Royal Enfield magazines and I am happy I came across this thread. This has saved a lot of time of mines and will help me to create list at Ranker.com