Timing Chest Oil

glssgrg
I had wondered whether there was enough oil in the timing chest to warrant draining it
through the Oil Feed Plug, so I drained it first, into a measuring cup. I got 425 ml, nearly a
pint. If I did not drain the timing chest, then put in the specified quantity of oil (not a good
procedure), I would be overfilled by that amount.
Even if I filled to the marks on the dipstick, nearly 1/4 of the oil capacity would be old,
contaminated oil.
I guess it's worth doing.
BTW, this oil/filter change was done at only 100 miles on the new 535 cylinder/rings, and
it came out very black, full of metal flake. I'll change it again at 500 miles. Oil is cheap.
DWM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/