UK readers - Older bikes no longer require an annual MoT test

UK readers - Older bikes no longer require an annual MoT test

umrcc
In case you missed it, from yesterday you can use a pre-1960 bike or car without an MOT:

"In May 2012, following a public consultation, the Government announced that vehicles manufactured before 1960 will be exempted from the MoT test from 18th November 2012

Classic and historic vehicles are often very well maintained by their owners and have a much lower accident and MoT failure rate than newer vehicles.

Pre-1960 licensed vehicles make up about 0.6% of the total number of licensed vehicles in Great Britain, but are involved in just 0.03% of road casualties and accidents."

I'll be celebrating with a ride out on the Model G as soon as I get the magneto working...

Martin