V Twin

adrianfryatt2004

Re: V Twin

JOHN MEAD
Leave it as a garden ornament.

John Mead

--- On Fri, 10/5/12, adrianfryatt2004 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: adrianfryatt2004 <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Enfield] V Twin
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Friday, October 5, 2012, 6:23 AM
> Any thoughts gentlemen?
>
> http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/motorcycles/1920-v-twin/1007332990

>     [hidden email]

Re: V Twin

David Kelleher
Over priced by a factor of 10 !

 Daithi

Re: V Twin

Robert Powell-4
as with all antiques...the value is sometimes sadly overvalued in the mind of the owner !!

Robert P

Re: V Twin

adrianfryatt2004
Agree about the price but what exactly do we have here?. Does anyone know?

--- In [hidden email], Robert Powell <spike9908@...> wrote:

> as with all antiques...the value is sometimes sadly overvalued in the mind of the owner !!
>
> Robert P

Re: V Twin

David Kelleher
K series maybe ?

 Daithi

 --- In  royalenfield%40yahoogroups.com , Robert Powell <spike9908@...> wrote:

 > as with all antiques...the value is sometimes sadly overvalued in the mind of the owner !!
 > Robert P

Re: V Twin

Bunty Golightly
I say chaps , that's a rum'un - eh what.
Not much of the old girl left , damn shame .
But ever one to rise to a challenge , Bunty polished up his monocle and had a squint at the Aussie photo .
Further reflection and cerebral maschinations came to an abrupt dead end . But fortified with a pint or two of 4X ale at the Sidecarist's Arms public house  I happened to gaze with misty eye upon the barmaid's matchless bosoms when a revelation struck me - by Jove .
--'' Lusty double lunger ,sidecar tugger , Xs ''----the pieces fit!

Matchless Vtwin , model X ,circa 1929.

What d'yer say ?
Time for another ? Good show I'll have a pint .
Bottoms up !

Your servant
Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Floatchamber , Always on the lookout for a pair of Xs - haar haaaaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!

--- In [hidden email], "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@...> wrote:

> Any thoughts gentlemen?
>
> http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/motorcycles/1920-v-twin/1007332990

Re: V Twin

adrianfryatt2004

Thanks Major!  So you believe it to be a Matchless engine?  But what say you about the rest of the trappings old boy?

--- In [hidden email], "Maj Bertram Golightly MBH" <bulldogsmle@...> wrote:

> I say chaps , that's a rum'un - eh what.
> Not much of the old girl left , damn shame .
> But ever one to rise to a challenge , Bunty polished up his monocle and had a squint at the Aussie photo .
> Further reflection and cerebral maschinations came to an abrupt dead end . But fortified with a pint or two of 4X ale at the Sidecarist's Arms public house  I happened to gaze with misty eye upon the barmaid's matchless bosoms when a revelation struck me - by Jove .
> --'' Lusty double lunger ,sidecar tugger , Xs ''----the pieces fit!
>
> Matchless Vtwin , model X ,circa 1929.
>
> What d'yer say ?
> Time for another ? Good show I'll have a pint .
> Bottoms up !
>
> Your servant
> Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Floatchamber , Always on the lookout for a pair of Xs - haar haaaaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!
>

> --- In [hidden email], "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@> wrote:
> >
> > Any thoughts gentlemen?
> >
> > http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/motorcycles/1920-v-twin/1007332990

Re: V Twin

Bunty Golightly

Damned impertinence !
-- So you believe it to be a Matchless ? -- .
With a ruddy question mark .
Indeed I do believe it to be a Matchless , otherwise I wouldn't have ruddy well said said so .
Haaaaarumph !

See for y'self and decide ;
[IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bunty303/MatchlessmodX1929_zps5d53b910.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s379/bunty303/matchlessx1929-3_zps42361a25.jpg[/IMG]

In the meantime I shall take meself orf down the Sidecarist's Arms public house to further me Matchless research . I have decided that the barmaid's matchless bosoms need to be investigated to see if they are the genuine article - or  not as the case may be .
The results I shall  keep to meself , as any true Gentleman Bulleteer would.
This may take some time .
Tally Ho !
Your servant ,
Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Royal Floatchamber , Fellow of the Royal College of Trappings Removal .

--- In [hidden email], "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@...> wrote:

> Thanks Major!  So you believe it to be a Matchless engine?  But what say you about the rest of the trappings old boy?
>

> --- In [hidden email], "Maj Bertram Golightly MBH" <bulldogsmle@> wrote:
> >
> > I say chaps , that's a rum'un - eh what.
> > Not much of the old girl left , damn shame .
> > But ever one to rise to a challenge , Bunty polished up his monocle and had a squint at the Aussie photo .
> > Further reflection and cerebral maschinations came to an abrupt dead end . But fortified with a pint or two of 4X ale at the Sidecarist's Arms public house  I happened to gaze with misty eye upon the barmaid's matchless bosoms when a revelation struck me - by Jove .
> > --'' Lusty double lunger ,sidecar tugger , Xs ''----the pieces fit!
> >
> > Matchless Vtwin , model X ,circa 1929.
> >
> > What d'yer say ?
> > Time for another ? Good show I'll have a pint .
> > Bottoms up !
> >
> > Your servant
> > Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Floatchamber , Always on the lookout for a pair of Xs - haar haaaaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any thoughts gentlemen?
> > >
> > > http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/motorcycles/1920-v-twin/1007332990

Re: Re: V Twin [1 Attachment]

Dave Goodyer
Just another clearer page from the 29 Matchless brochure

 Cheers Dave

________________________________

--- In mailto:royalenfield%40yahoogroups.com, "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@...> wrote:

> Thanks Major! So you believe it to be a Matchless engine? But what say you about the rest of the trappings old boy?
>

> --- In mailto:royalenfield%40yahoogroups.com, "Maj Bertram Golightly MBH" <bulldogsmle@> wrote:
> >
> > I say chaps , that's a rum'un - eh what.
> > Not much of the old girl left , damn shame .
> > But ever one to rise to a challenge , Bunty polished up his monocle and had a squint at the Aussie photo .
> > Further reflection and cerebral maschinations came to an abrupt dead end . But fortified with a pint or two of 4X ale at the Sidecarist's Arms public house I happened to gaze with misty eye upon the barmaid's matchless bosoms when a revelation struck me - by Jove .
> > --'' Lusty double lunger ,sidecar tugger , Xs ''----the pieces fit!
> >
> > Matchless Vtwin , model X ,circa 1929.
> >
> > What d'yer say ?
> > Time for another ? Good show I'll have a pint .
> > Bottoms up !
> >
> > Your servant
> > Maj Bunty Golightly MBH , Defender of the Kickstart , Companion of the Floatchamber , Always on the lookout for a pair of Xs - haar haaaaaar haaaaaaaaaaaaaar !!
> >

> > --- In mailto:royalenfield%40yahoogroups.com, "adrianfryatt2004" <Adrian.Fryatt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any thoughts gentlemen?
> > >
> > > http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/motorcycles/1920-v-twin/1007332990

Re: Re: V Twin

billybuckjobob
I am with the Matchless crew. I love those silencers. When I went to
Europe in the summer of 1971, I bought a used Tiger 100, twin carbs
and high pipes. I ended up meeting a couple of Englishmen and rode
with them. One rode something like a Tiger 110/TR6 early 60's and the
other a 500 Velocette with a red dynamo drive belt and a silencer
that closely resembled that pictured on the Matchless twin. His
didn't have baffles and I could feel the [pulse of his exhaust as I
attempted to keep up with him..... Man, could he ride... a fellow
from Leeds riding with his girlfriend or wife...   Malcolm on MV