Watch those tyre pressures!

stu

Watch those tyre pressures!

stu

Due to my own neglect, I could have had a bad spill. Pulling into a parking lot at 10mph I had an instantaneous flat in the rear tire. A few seconds before I had been riding at 55mph. I found the valve had pulled completely out of the tube. When I checked the front tire it had only 10psi in it, so I asume the rear was about the same.
I don't believe I had checked pressures since May.
And what a bitch installing the new tube and the rubbber band that covers the spokes, with no tire irons, only screwdrivers.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Watch those tyre pressures!

glssgrg
Bollen, you're an honest man. I've done things as dumb, but rarely admitted to it.
Please don't take this as preachy, but;
NEVER GIVE A TIRE THE CHANCE TO KILL YOU!
 The tires are the parts of the bike most likely to, two semi-solidified donuts of inflated
freakin' tree sap, having direct custody of my pink butt.
-I check three things; Oil, tire pressure, brake light.
-The best tires you can buy are just barely good enough.
-The first time I even think a tire needs replacing, it does.
-I will ride a plugged tubeless or patched tube directly to my local shop, for replacement.
Glad you're OK, it could have been nasty.
DWM

--- In [hidden email], "bollen" <bollen@m...> wrote:

> Due to my own neglect, I could have had a bad spill. Pulling into a parking lot at 10mph
I had an instantaneous flat in the rear tire. A few seconds before I had been riding at
55mph. I found the valve had pulled completely out of the tube. When I checked the front
tire it had only 10psi in it, so I asume the rear was about the same.
> I don't believe I had checked pressures since May.
> And what a bitch installing the new tube and the rubbber band that covers the spokes,
with no tire irons, only screwdrivers.

> No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
> Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Watch those tyre pressures!

williamjrice2000
Bollen,
I had an accident last March from the same problem and suffered a
compound fracture of the left forearm. I was on a Vintage Ride doing
70kph when the fishtailing began. The tubes on our bikrs lose air and
as such we should check the pressure every time we ride. Also the high
torque in first gear tends to spin the tyre on the rim so its best to
have the valve nut a little loose so you can see when this has happened.
WJR