Wet sumping resolved (hopefully)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
stu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wet sumping resolved (hopefully)

stu


As per Snidey,I checked the cork oil seal and found the quill was a very loose fit. The seal came out easily in two pieces, and had obviously been like that awhile judging from the discoloration.
I'll let it sit for two days and see if I still get half a cup of oil out the front drain plug.
Without wishing to offend other religions, Merry Christmas and best wishes to the group
Stu

_______________________________________________
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your personal settings are at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield
Our old messages are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield/messages
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
[hidden email]
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wet sumping resolved (hopefully)

Pete Snidal
At 12:41 PM 12/24/05, you wrote:


>As per Snidey,I checked the cork oil seal and found the quill was a
>very loose fit. The seal came out easily in two pieces, and had
>obviously been like that awhile judging from the discoloration.

You want the new seal that's incorporated into a new timing pinion nut.  LHT!

>I'll let it sit for two days and see if I still get half a cup of
>oil out the front drain plug.
>Without wishing to offend other religions,

I think they all check their sumps once in a whjle...


>Merry Christmas and best wishes to the group

Oh, that!  Well, wouldl you be offended if you were in India and
someone wished you a Happy Diwalli?  Or in Humboldt County and
someone wished you a happy summer solstice?  (or even in Stonehenge,
for all that matter?)

Screw that!  There's such a thing as Xmas, we celebrate it, and if
someone else doesn't s/he should have a nice day, anyway!

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!"
                 - Irving Berlin, Jewish Person

>Stu
>
>_______________________________________________
>No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
>Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com
>
>
>
>
>
>Your personal settings are at:
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield
>Our old messages are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield/messages
>To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
>[hidden email]
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your personal settings are at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield
Our old messages are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield/messages
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
[hidden email]
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalenfield/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/