Who's left?

fiferwd
We went from "Gee it's quiet around here" to an incredible outpouring of vitriol.  Between the bannings and the unsubscribings I hope that I'm not going to be alone when the smoke clears!  I have really enjoyed and profited from this group over the past few years.  Still hope to see Burke's Garden, Rick.

Yrs,
Bill D

Re: Who's left?

Rick Ferguson

On 11/30/2012 11:44 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> We went from "Gee it's quiet around here" to an incredible outpouring of
> vitriol.  Between the bannings and the unsubscribings I hope that I'm
> not going to be alone when the smoke clears!  I have really enjoyed and
> profited from this group over the past few years.  Still hope to see
> Burke's Garden, Rick.

I will cautiously raise my head above the parapet to say I'm still here,
still value the group highly, and still hope to meet you at Burke's
Garden!  I was just looking at the pictures again this morning.
http://tinyurl.com/blwpvu7

Better still, I'd like to organize a rendezvous for Bullet riders there,
or on the Blue Ridge Parkway, if anyone else ever shows some interest.

Cheers
Rick F

Re: Who's left?

plowboyzzt
I, too, was unaware of some of the bad feelings that have developed and have read with some mild interest these postings.  As an objective observer, I've seen Tim try to be helpful to many people and cannot see why anyone would have a problem with him....so he gets my vote.

I'd like to further add that I am an American who feels a bit uncomfortable with being classified as a group based on the behavior of a few.  This is known as discrimination, and is seldom justified.  To be told to go start our own group seems a bit harsh.  I, and many Americans, agree that far too many of us are arrogant, self-righteous pricks who think we know everything....but, hey, give the rest of us a break...we did re-elect Obama whom, tho certainly not perfect, is better than the self-centered businessman with more money than God.

And Martin....if you need to delete any political references...be my guest. ;-)

Very sincerely,
Chris

--- In [hidden email], Rick F <twotyred@...> wrote:

> On 11/30/2012 11:44 AM, fiferwd@... wrote:
> > We went from "Gee it's quiet around here" to an incredible outpouring of
> > vitriol.  Between the bannings and the unsubscribings I hope that I'm
> > not going to be alone when the smoke clears!  I have really enjoyed and
> > profited from this group over the past few years.  Still hope to see
> > Burke's Garden, Rick.
>
> I will cautiously raise my head above the parapet to say I'm still here,
> still value the group highly, and still hope to meet you at Burke's
> Garden!  I was just looking at the pictures again this morning.
> http://tinyurl.com/blwpvu7
>
> Better still, I'd like to organize a rendezvous for Bullet riders there,
> or on the Blue Ridge Parkway, if anyone else ever shows some interest.
>
> Cheers
> Rick F

Re: Who's left?

Doug Raney
Me too. But as an avl bullet rider I was mostly here for the pictures. Most
of the time I deleted the emails and searched for past posts for help (like
the muddy beige gunk in the condensing can). I was only following this one
since it seemed to come out of nowhere. Hopefully the Major will weigh in
and this will be properly marked closed.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

On 11/30/2012 11:44 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> We went from "Gee it's quiet around here" to an incredible outpouring of
> vitriol.  Between the bannings and the unsubscribings I hope that I'm
> not going to be alone when the smoke clears!  I have really enjoyed and
> profited from this group over the past few years.  Still hope to see
> Burke's Garden, Rick.

I will cautiously raise my head above the parapet to say I'm still here,
still value the group highly, and still hope to meet you at Burke's
Garden!  I was just looking at the pictures again this morning.
http://tinyurl.com/blwpvu7

Better still, I'd like to organize a rendezvous for Bullet riders there,
or on the Blue Ridge Parkway, if anyone else ever shows some interest.

Cheers
Rick F

Re: Re: Who's left?

Charles Warner
...sitting on hands...

Read The Patriot It's Right -- It's Free
http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/
Visit The Patriot Shop
http://PatriotShop.US/

________________________________
I, too, was unaware of some of the bad feelings that have developed and have read with some mild interest these postings.  As an objective observer, I've seen Tim try to be helpful to many people and cannot see why anyone would have a problem with him....so he gets my vote.

I'd like to further add that I am an American who feels a bit uncomfortable with being classified as a group based on the behavior of a few.  This is known as discrimination, and is seldom justified.  To be told to go start our own group seems a bit harsh.  I, and many Americans, agree that far too many of us are arrogant, self-righteous pricks who think we know everything....but, hey, give the rest of us a break...we did re-elect Obama whom, tho certainly not perfect, is better than the self-centered businessman with more money than God.

And Martin....if you need to delete any political references...be my guest. ;-)

Very sincerely,
Chris

--- In [hidden email], Rick F <twotyred@...> wrote:

> On 11/30/2012 11:44 AM, fiferwd@... wrote:
> > We went from "Gee it's quiet around here" to an incredible outpouring of
> > vitriol.  Between the bannings and the unsubscribings I hope that I'm
> > not going to be alone when the smoke clears!  I have really enjoyed and
> > profited from this group over the past few years.  Still hope to see
> > Burke's Garden, Rick.
>
> I will cautiously raise my head above the parapet to say I'm still here,
> still value the group highly, and still hope to meet you at Burke's
> Garden!  I was just looking at the pictures again this morning.
> http://tinyurl.com/blwpvu7
>
> Better still, I'd like to organize a rendezvous for Bullet riders there,
> or on the Blue Ridge Parkway, if anyone else ever shows some interest.
>
> Cheers
> Rick F

Re: Who's left?

Jon Miccolis
I'm still here.

Haven't paid too much attention to the recent uproar.

It's been unseasonably warm here in Illinois and honestly I have been too
busy riding my 2000 Bullet and more recently my newly acquired 2005 KLR650
:)

-Jon

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”

Siþen o Salamon þe wis, How craftilik he did iustis . . . (from *Cursor
Mundi*,* *An anonymous Northumbrian Poem of the 14th Century)

Re: Who's left?

Mikes Yahoo
Here as well. Good to ignore short term stuff

Mike Egan
+61414223444
[hidden email]