Windshields

Robert Shearon
I really prefer riding behing a windscreen. Anybody have any
experience with the ones offered by Classic Motor Works or another
aftermarket brand?
Also, I got my repair parts in today to replace my oil filter stud and
cap. Pretty quick work by CMW. I'd run out there now and get the
wrenches out but I put 200 miles on my other bike today and got
chilled over the last 60 or so and I am freeking freezing, even though
it's only about 48 degrees. Tomorrow will be a better day for
wrenching I'm sure.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Windshields

Mike-81
I have the 18" clear one that CMW sells. It is made by Memphis Shades.
The install was pretty simple. It took a while to get the right angle
on it to do the most good. I do have the 2" DogBone risers on my bars
which I guess would raise the screen 2" as well.
Ihave seen one that is taller but it looks more like a tombstone to
me....
Mike

> I really prefer riding behing a windscreen. Anybody have any
> experience with the ones offered by Classic Motor Works or another
> aftermarket brand?
> Also, I got my repair parts in today to replace my oil filter stud
and
> cap. Pretty quick work by CMW. I'd run out there now and get the
> wrenches out but I put 200 miles on my other bike today and got
> chilled over the last 60 or so and I am freeking freezing, even
though
> it's only about 48 degrees. Tomorrow will be a better day for
> wrenching I'm sure.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Windshields

Bruce-11
--- In [hidden email], "Robert Shearon"
<greenhornetbiker@y...> wrote:

> I really prefer riding behing a windscreen. Anybody have any
> experience with the ones offered by Classic Motor Works or another
> aftermarket brand?

I tried a windshield, and I didn't like it. Around town at typical
speeds it was pointless, and on the highway it caused too much weight
to come on my wrists. It may have been due to my my relatively flat
bars, but at highway speeds before I installed a windscreen the wind
pressure caused my upper body to more or less float off the bars, but
after I put the windshield on I had my weight on my wrists. After a
few hours on the road that weight could become a bit unpleasant. And
there was also the increased wind noise and buffeting when much of
that air that used to hit me in the chest got spilled off the top of
the windshield into my face. I tried to shorten the windscreen, but I
broke it into dagger-like shards while trying to cut it off. That in
itself made me doubt the wisdom of a windscreen during a crash.

Bruce

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Windshields

glssgrg
I've got the small "Memphis Shades" WS from CMW, and love it, particularly yesterday at
36ยบ. Good quality, price ain't bad, and the screen doesn't vibrate much, considering it's a
bar mount. See photo album "Hanuman."
Redhawk

--- In [hidden email], "Robert Shearon" <greenhornetbiker@y...> wrote:

> I really prefer riding behing a windscreen. Anybody have any
> experience with the ones offered by Classic Motor Works or another
> aftermarket brand?
> Also, I got my repair parts in today to replace my oil filter stud and
> cap. Pretty quick work by CMW. I'd run out there now and get the
> wrenches out but I put 200 miles on my other bike today and got
> chilled over the last 60 or so and I am freeking freezing, even though
> it's only about 48 degrees. Tomorrow will be a better day for
> wrenching I'm sure.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/fFPplB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Windshields

Wayne and Mary Sue Duris
I have a National Cycle Model HD-1 on my Enfield and love it!!!!!!!

Wayne in Ohio